Thambuli is a type of raita. You can have this with plain hot rice. Dhoddpatre is a kannada word for a special green leaf vegetable. Its very good for health and it is used in aayurvedic medicine. This leaf also can be home grown. There are only a few types of veggies that can be used specially for this dish. This special green leaves (Dhoddpatre) can be used only in this type of dish. I do not know of any other dish which is made using this veggie.
In English it is called Coleus Amboinicus (acc to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plectranthus_amboinicus)
- Dhoddpatre leaves - 4 or 6
- Molag / Menasu /Black Pepper - 6
- Jeera / Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Grated Coconut - 4 tsp
- Curds / Yogurt - 1 or 2 cups
- Wash the leaves.
- Roast the leaves. Do not roast too much just for 2 minutes so that raw smells goes
- Roast jeera, pepper
- Grind the roasted leaves and spices along with coconut and little bit of water make into a smooth paste
- Add curds and salt to taste
- Serve with hot rice
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2009 | | All rights reserved