Khara is a kannada word. It means hot & spicy. This snack is made on almost all the festivals or also made just like that. Suitable to just snack with coffee / tea or have it as an accompaniment with rasam rice etc. I made this now becoz here the weather was getting colder everyday and its nice to have something spicy during the evenings with coffee!! Made it today and also posting it today because holiday starts next week.
This will be my last post this year & hope to come up with new recipes in the new year. Until then try my recipes and enjoy. Happy Holidays to all my viewers.
Prep Time : 10 Mins
Frying Time : 15 - 20 Mins
Serves - 4
- Besan flour / Chickpea / Gram flour / Kadalemavu - 2 cups
- Rice flour / Arshimavu - 1/2 cup
- Baking powder - a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Red chilli powder - 1&1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder / manje - a pinch
- Asafoetida / hing / perngyam - a pinch
- Hot oil - 2 tbsp
- Oil - 400 ml
- Heat oil in a medium flame
- Sieve gram flour / kadalemavu
- Mix all the ingredients in a bowl add enough water to make a stiff dough
- Take a Chakli press in that take thenkol plate or small sev plate however you like ( i used thenkol plate) fill the small portion dough and press slowly medium circle in hot oil fry till golden brown color on both sides
- Drain the paper towel and store in the airtight boxes.
- Serve with coffee / tea
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2012 | | All rights reserved