Well this is a Tarla Dalal's recipe. I tried this and it came out awesome. It was all cheeseeeeey. Myself, my sister and my little one love cheesey dishes. Kids definetely will like this.
For vegetables we used frozen mixed veggies and we added strawberry. Tarla dalal used medium size hard rolls/ bun, but we tried on bread slices.
Baking Time : 10 mins.
Preparation Time : 10 mins.
Cooking Time : Nil.
Baking Temperature : 200°C (400°F)
- Medium size bread slice / bun - 6
- butter for grilling
Ingredients for vegetable spread
- 3/4 cup grated paneer ( cottage cheese )
- 1/4 cup chopped and boiled carrots
- 1/4 cup chopped red, yellow and green capsicum
- 1/4 cup boiled corn kernerls
- 1/4 cup green peas, boiled
- 1/4 Cup Strawberry, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chooped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsely
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Salt and freshly crushed pepper to taste
- OR Frozen mixed vegetables (boiled)
- Mix all the ingredients in a pan and heat for a few minutes till the cheese melts.
- Keep aside.
How to proceed
- Spread Bread slices in the oven tray. Brush with melted butter
- Bake in a hot oven at 200°C (400°F) for 5 minutes Or slightly roast in the toaster
- Reheat the filling and spoon a little of it in the centre of each bread
- Bake about 10 minutes & Serve hot