Coming up after the sweet butter biscuits we need something spicy and Crunchy Munchy, Correct ? Here it is then, the spicy Kodu Bale This is popular in South India. Everyone makes it with their own ingredients. I must say this the best spicy snack. I just love this. In winter season definitely for something spicy. This snack you can safely store it in an airtight box.
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Maida flour - 1 cup
- Dalia powder / Hurkadale powder / Chikpea powder - 1 cup
- Chiroti Rava / Simolina - 1 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1 or 2 tsp (acc to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Hot Oil / Vanaspathi ghee - 1 cup
- Dry crushed curry leaves - 2 tsp
- Dry fry maida flour and chiroti rava / simolina
- Mix all and sprinkle warm water sieve well and make a dough
- Divide the small sized balls and gently roll them in the cutting board should be even size
- Roll them atleast 3inch stright and slowly turn around & join the other side.
- Rest the dough balls make the same way
- Put in 4 to 5 Kodubale at a time in a oil & deep fry on medium flame till golden brown
- Remove and drained in the paper towel and cool it and store it in an airtightbox