Rasmalai is a Indian sweet dish. Made it for Diwali and never got time to post it. Homemade is always fresh and it came out tasty too. Intially i was thinking that this is difficult dessert to make at home. I tried after much reluctance and came out really nice. Also it is quite easy to make and doesn’t take more than 30mins. I was so excited to try this in my kitchen.
Prep Time : 20 - 30 Mins
Makes - 8 -10
Serve - 3-4
Ingredients for Malai
- Milk - 500 Ml (1/2 ltr) (I used Fat free milk)
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Milk - 300 ml ( I used wholemilk)
- Condensed milk - 1/2 cup
- Badam / Almond pieces - 1 tsp
- Pista pieces - 1 tsp
- Kesar / Saffron milk - 1 tsp
- Take a large non stick pan add milk boil then add condensed milk bring to boil the milk becomes little bit thick then add almond and pista pieces and kesar milk stir well , boil & switch off the flame.
- Take a large non stick pan add milk bring to boil in a medium flame. Then add lemon juice mix well milk starts curdle switch off the stove. Leave for few mins
- Take a large colander or cheese cloth or muslin cloth (i used cheese cloth available here in "Bed Bath & Beyond" store) strain the curdle milk then turn on the tap water gently rinse becoz lemon taste removes.
- Transfer into blender and blend into a smooth paste. Add to the bowl and knead and make a small patties and keep aside
- In the meanwhile Take a small pan add sugar and water & make a sugar syrup it should be one string constency
- Put the patties into sugar syrup leave for few mins
- Remove and squeeze a little bit gently
- Add into milk gently and refrigerate and serve chill
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2012 | | All rights reserved