Juice / Ice cream / Milkshakes
PURI - AAMRAS2:55 PM
This is a Maharastrian traditional dish. This is a unique combination. Normal combinations with puri would be puri - bhaaji, puri - chutney, puri - sago, puri - channa masala.
After i got married and came to mumbai i got to know about this dish. First time i saw this was in a hotel when my husband ordered it, i was like what !!!! what sort of a combination is this? Once i saw my husband enjoying it I thought of digging in and to my surprise I liked the combination very much even though it was different.
I started doing this at home in the mango season. This was my husband's and my in-law's favorite dish. Now my personal favorite too.
We had a brunch today, Puri - Aamras, a great combo.
Aamras Ingredients :
- Mango fruit pulp - 2 cups
- Whole milk or Half & Half milk - 4 cups
- Sugar - 1 cup (According to taste)
- Elaichi powder / Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp (optional)
- Blend the above ingredients. Make a puree. Refrigerate it OR Can be served as it is.
- Serve with Puri.
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved