Today I am posting a recipe called Chakli. This is the one best savoury item in my mind. Chakli is very popular in India and different parts they used to call a different names.Chakli is normally made for Gokulastami (Krishna Janmashtami ) festival and other festivals / Marriages / Baby shower etc., and also mixed with other mixtures in the bakeries. Chakli is made of rice flour and black gram flour. In my place my mom used to make a long process and also you can make a fine powder into the flour mill. Last few year some how i cudnt time to get photo of this.
Today i have made so and i got a time to take a picture of this. There are many events going on around. Last few months i have not sending anything becoz of my busy schedule.
Ingredients for Chakli Powder
- Rice - 1 kg
- Black gram / Urad dal / Udhina bele / Uluthuparppu -1/4 kg
Method for Chakli powder
- Rinse & wash the rice drained all the water. Spread & Dry it in the cotton cloth. Then when it is still wet (not too much wet, almost dry) Fry it in the large wok a little bit.
- Rinse & wash the Black gram / urad dal / Uddhina bele drained all the water. Spread & dry it in the cotton cloth. Then when it is still wet, fry slightly in the large wok
- Remember both should be made seperately.
- Mix and grind to a fine powder. Store it in the airtight box
Ingredients for Chakli
- Butter (unsalted) - 5 grms (adjust your measurements)
- Salt to taste
- White Sesame Seeds - 2 tsp
- A pinch of Asafoetida / Hing / Periyangam
- Oil for deep fry
- Take a 2 cups of Chakli flour / powder mix with butter, salt, periyangam/hing and sesame seeds.
- Knead the mix gently into a dough with enough using water
- Fill the medium size dough ball into a chakli press
- Press the dough into a Jelabi / Round shaped on a plastic sheet with greased oil
- Deep fry till golden color over low flame
Recipe Source : My Mother
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2009 | | All rights reserved