Paal Kova , Haal kova Delicious sweet paal kova (Paal means Milk, Kova means diary product type of cheesewhich is made out of milk. More info onwiki) Festive season sweets time. It is a little time consuming to prepare and also one needslots of patience. This is rich milk sweet. I love this sweet very much. I remembered that my mom had made this when I went to my native place last year. She made it for my kids. I have made this many time but had never posted it. So here it is then for my blog viewers, Milk Kova.
Prep Time : 2 Mins
Cook Time : 2hr 10Mins
- Whole Milk - 1/2 gal (arnd1.8 ltrs)
- Half & Half - 2 cups
- Sugar - 1&1/2 cup (adjust the taste)
- Ghee (clarified butter) - 1 tbsp
- Take a heavy bottom pan add milk bring to boil then
- Reduce the heat in between low & med flame , it's in the middle, stir occasionally
- Slowly it reduces the volume of the milk and it's thickens.
- Takes 2 hours (for me). Once it becomes thick and leaves edges of the pan
- At that point string is must and add sugar stir continuously around another 10 mins until thick
- Lastly add ghee and stir it once. Switch off the flame and let it cool down . It looks grainy texture. Serve warm
- Refrigerate one or two weeks