Dahi vada is an indian chat. In tamil we call it as Thayir vade. It is slightly different of dahi vada and thayir vada.
Prep Time : 15mins + 2hrs (soaking time)
Cook Time : 15 - 20 Mins
for Vadas :
- Urad dal / Black gram / lentil - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Crushed roasted black pepper - 1 tsp
- Baking soad - a pinch
- Oil - 400ml (to deep fry)
- Curds / Yogurt / Thayir - 1 kg (beat with hand beater until smooth)
- Curds / yogurt- 1/2 cup (beat with hand beater until smooth)
- Green mint Chutney
- Sweet Tamarind Chutney
- Red chilli powder
- Chat masala
- Chopped Coriander leaves - 1 tbsp
- Sev or Aloo Bhujia
- Wash & Soak the urad dal for 2 hrs
- Grind the thick batter(water as per req)
- Add soda, salt and pepper mix.
- Heat oil in a big pan. Take a small portion of the mixture. Make a hole in the centre and drop into hot oil.
- Deep fry till very light golden. Remove them from the pan and place them into the Paper towel
- Put hot vades into hot water. Leave it for 2 minutes. Press out each vada gently between cloth or paper towel.
- Then put all the vadas into curds. Soak it for 1 or 2 hrs or after refrigerate
- Arrange the vadas into medium tray or bowl
- Beat the curds & pour the remaining curds into vadas
- Sprinkle chutneys, chat masala, chilli powder , sev and coriander leaves. Serve
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2015 | | All rights reserved