Happy Deepavali to all my viewers.
Today i made Badusha, it is a indian sweet. As I post this I want to share 2 things to all the views. First and foremost, Happy Diwali to all my viewers. May this festival bring lots of lights, peach and happiness to you all. Second this is my 300th recipe on my blog. I cannot believe it. Thanks to my mom, husband and little kids. Without their help & support i wouldn’t be able to make these recipes & post them.
Badusha sweet made on only rare occassions and available in indian sweet shops. People dont make it at home & mostly get it from shops. This recipe I wanted to try from a long time and this recipe is from my blogger friend Raks Kitchen. She had made it beautifully. I copied her ingredients & procedure. Personally this is not my favorite sweet. But trying is not a bad thing right!! It did come out lovely and delicious.
Prep Time : 20 Mins
Cooking Time : 10 Mins
Serves : 2 or 4
Recipe Courtesy : Raks Kitchen
- Maida / All Purpose flour - 1 & 1/4 cup
- Thick Curds / Plain yogurt - 1/2 cup
- Butter - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 1/8th cup
- Baking soda - 2 pinch
- Sugar - 1/4 tsp
- Desigated coconut - 4 tbsp (optinal)
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep fry - 500 ml
- Sugar - 1 & 1/2Cup cup
- Elachi powder / Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1/2 cup
- Take a large pan add sugar and water and bring to boil the sugar syrup should be 1 string constistency add elachi powder stir and keep aside
- Take a large bowl add butter + oil + Sugar whisk well then add curds whisk for few mins
- Then add maida flour mix well if needed add water and make soft dough. Knead the dough for 10 mins
- Heat oil in a pan
- Make a medium size balls and Now take a each one and pinch the edges and fold it inwards to make decoratively as shown in the picture. Repeat to finish everything.
- Deep fry at a time i put 3 badusha's and fry till golden brown in a medium flame
- Remove and add it in a sugar syrup
- Leave it for 10 mins in the sugar syrup and take out and arrange the tray and add coconut ( i add coconut to give taste) Serve
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2012 | | All rights reserved