This is great chakna (snack) to have in the winter season. Its also a time pass snack. I love the spicy, crunchy chickpeas. This was one of my viewers/readers request.
Prep Time: 8hr+4hr
Coo Time : 15-20Mins
- Kabuli Channa / Chickpeas - 2 cups
- Red chillipowder - 1/2 tsp
- Aamchur powder - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida/hing - a pinch (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves (optional) - few leaves
- Oil - 500ml (to deep fry)
- Soak channa/chickpeas over night. Drain the water and add 1/4 cups of water and a pinch of turmeric cook in the pressure cooker wait until one whistle turn off the heat and let it cool
- After cool down drain the water and spread it on the dry cloth for 2hrs. (completely dried out)
- Then lightly roast the channa/chickpeas in a other pan and transfer into hot oil. Fry for longer time until crunchy and golden brown in color. check in between the chickpeas. In the same oil fry curry leaves
- Remove and place them on a paper towel or tissue paper
- Sprinkle salt, aamchur powder, hing and chilli powder mix well and store it in the airtight box. Serve with coffee or tea.