Nutritious tomato soup popular in Indian cuisine. Very easy to prepare and simply delicious. I love tomato soup we get in Indian restaurants.
Prep Time : 15 Mins
Cook Time : 10 Mins
- Tomatoes - 4
- Canned Tomatoes - 1 can (diced)
- Onions - 1/4 cup
- Black Peppercorns - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1/2 tsp
- Bay leaf - 2
- Cornstarch with water - 2 tsp paste
- Oil or butter - 2 tsp (i used olive oil)
- Heat oil in a pan. Add onions, bay leaf & peppercorns fry until onions cooked.
- Add chopped fresh tomatoes stir fry until cooked well in a medium flame. Remove bay leaf and blend into a smooth puree and transfer into a bowl
- In the mean while in the same pan add canned tomatoes bring to boil , cook for a few mins
- Blend the canned cooked tomatoes in a smooth puree in a same mixer jar
- Mix both the tomato purees and bayleaf in to a pan and bring to boil , add enough water
- Add salt and sugar , boil for few mins then if it is thin add corn starch paste stir . Soup becomes thick.
- Strain the tomato mixture through a strainer. Sprinkle pepper powder and serve hot
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2014 | | All rights reserved