>> June 15, 2009
Sarson Ka Saag is a punjabi delicacy. This is my 2nd try. Loved it. I wont tell much about this saag description becoz everybody know this. One of the best popular dish in North India.
I was so impressed doing this and also while eating with naan / roti's. This saag is made of 2 green leaves i.e. mustard leaves and palak (spinach). It gives a unique taste.
- Saag leaves / Mustard leaves - 1 bunch, chopped
- Palak leaves / Spinach leaves - 1/2 bunch(2cups), chopped
- Cornflour - 2 tsp (makai ki atta)
- Onion - 1 , chopped
- Ghee (homemade) - 2 tablespoon
- Salt to taste
- Ginger + Garlic Paste - 1 tsp
- Green chillies - 2 or 3 , lengthwise chopped
- Wash the leaves and add a little bit of water and cook the leaves with adding pinch of salt and sugar (so that the color of the leaves wont change ) until done.
- Make a coarse puree in the blender
- Heat pan add ghee and add onions stirfry
- Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies. Stirfry for 1 minute
- Add puree, saute well
- Add cornflour or cornmeal & salt stir well. Stir untile saag should be thick.
- Serve hot with Makai ki Roti Or Naan / Roti's