>> October 22, 2015
Mohantal is a Gujarati besan burfi. This is easy to prepare. The preparation for this has a slight difference in technique than other burfi's like besan burfi. I would say within 20-30 mins we can prepare this sweet dish.
Prep Time : 15 Mins
Cook Time : 10 Mins
- Besan / Gram flour - 1 cup
- Milk - 2 tbsp
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Kesar / Saffron strands - few
- Ghee (desi ghee, clarified butter) - 1&1/2 cups
- Nuts - Pistachios & Almond (soaked and chopped)
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Water - 1/4 cup
- In a bowl mix besan , milk and 2 tbsp of ghee and keep aside for few mins
- In a medium pan add sugar and water bring to boil stir occasionally bring into 2 string consistency
- In a blender add besan blend pulse for 2 times
- In a nonstick pan add ghee in a medium flame then add besan mixture stir well so that besan mix well into a ghee stir for 5 mins
- Then add sugar syrup, saffron & cardamom powder mix well keep stirring till the mixture thickens and leaves the sides of the pan.
- Turn off flame and transfer the Mohanthal mixture into the greased pan
- Cut the Mohanthal into squares and allow it to cool on the tray for more than a couple of hours to set. Once cooled completely, separate the precutpieces and serve.