>> August 11, 2016
Srirangam Kovil Dosai is a prasadam served in Kovil (like Thirupathi Ladoo). Temple Srirangam is in Tiruchi, TamilNadu . This is the easiest dosai and has quite a unique taste.My mom used to say to me to try to make this and for this i have followed the recipe by SrirangamGeetaradu (Mami's recipe).
Prep Time : 2hrs + 5 Mins
Cook Time : 10-15 Mins
Ingredients for batter
- Pachaarishi /Raw rice - 1 cup
- Ulthuparppu / Uraddal - 1 cup
- Pulhangal arishi / Parboiled Rice or Idli rice - 1 cup (i used parboiled rice)
- Ghee (clarified butter)
- Molagpudi / Blackpeppercorns (Crushed) - 1 tsp
- Cheera / Jeera seeds(Crushed) - 1tsp
- Sukku pudi / Dry ginger Powder - 1 tsp
- Soak batter ingredients for 2 hrs. Grind into a smooth batter add salt .
- In a pan roast black pepper corns and crushed keep aside. In the same pan add jeera roast and crushed lightly (both pepper and jeera roast separately)
- Add 1 tsp ghee in a pan add crushed jeera and pepper fry for few secs.
- Add into batter then add sukku pudi mix well
- Heat flat pan / dosa tava pour a laddle full of batter into pan(do not spread the batter, dosa looks like set dosa)
- Add ghee around the edges allow to roast in golden color then flip the dosa on the other side cook and gently remove. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve with coconut chutney.
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2016 | | All rights reserved