>> March 26, 2015
Benne means butter in kannada and murukku / chakli means savory snack in South India. This snack available in all bakeries , condiments shop etc., There are so many variations of this murukku. This is the one i makes at home all the time.
Prept Time : 10 Mins
Cook Time : 20 -30mins
- Rice Flour - 2 cups
- Urad dal flour - 3/4 cup
- Butter (unsalted) - 80grms
- Asafoetida / Hing / Peryangayum - 1/4 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Jeera seeds - 1 tsp
- Oil - 500ml (to deep fry)
- In a large bowl mix all the ingredients except oil.
- Or Take a 2 cups of Chakli flour / powder mix with butter, salt , hing and jeera .
- Knead the mix gently into a dough with enough using water
- Fill the medium size dough ball into a chakli press
- Press the dough into hot oil like sticks.
- Deep fry till golden color over low flame. Remove and place it on paper towel and let it cool and store it in airtight box.
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2015 | | All rights reserved