For both the recipes we use the same ingredients but the method is slightly different. Hence i am putting it together. Serve it hot along with coconut chutney. My mom used to make this during festivals.
The Kolkotte dish is very popular in all iyengar houses. There is also a sweet version to this. That I will post very soon .
Tatte Stand / Plate Stand
Masala Tatte Idli
Ingredients for Idli Batter
- Urad dal - 2 & 1/2 or 3 cup
- Idly rava - 2 cup
Method for idli
- Soak the urad dal for 5 hrs and make a smooth batter in the grinder or mixer
- Soak the rava in the warm water for 2 minutes. If excess water drainout. Add the batter and mix it well along with salt to taste. And keep aside for ferment
- Moong dal 1/2 cup
- Chana dal 1/2 cup
- Coconut small pieces - 1/4 cup
- Green chillies - 1 or 2 , chopped
- Coriander leaves chopped
Method for Masala
- Soak the moong dal and chana dal for overnight.
- Grind the moong dal and chana dal make it ruff grind (not smooth)
- Add into idli batter and add coconut pieces, green chillies, coriander leaves
- Mix well
Method for Masala Tatte Idli
- Add the batter in to each plate ( plate stand u will get it in india).
- Keep it in the pressure pan do not put pressure cooker weight. It will cook in the steam itself keep it about 10min.
- Add the masala into the batter and mix it well.
- Take a small size of banana leaf and put it in the little batter and fold the one side of the banana leaf and steam cook for 10 minutes
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2009 | | All rights reserved