The batter for this is the same as the regular dosa. But the trick to make a cone, Will explain this in detail below. My 2 kids love the cone dosa instead of regular round dosa. Learned how to make cone dosa in my parents place Mysore, India.
Dosa Batter Prep Time : 4 hrs + 8hrs Fermintration
Prep Time : 5 Mins
Cook Time : 5 Mins
Ingredients for Dosa Batter
- Urad dal / Black gram / Uluthupapparp - 2 Cup
- Par Boiled Rice / Kudbalarshi / Kudubalakki - 1 Cup
- Water to soak
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice and urad dal. Soak plenty of water for 4 hrs
- Then drain all the water add into wet grinder or blender / mixer
- Add 2 cups of water and grind into a smooth batter
- Add salt and mix well. Close the lid and keep it to ferment about 8 hrs
- Heat tawa / plain flat pan. Pour a laddle full of batter in a pan and spread it like a round shape (Pancake) should be thin. Cook in a medium flame
- Melted butter and oil mixed it, in a spoon pour oil and butter on the edges. When it is almost golden roasted switch of the flame. Take a knife or scissors or sharpen spatulla (whichever is handy) cut the dosa into 1/3 (till middle) and flip over and roll till the other edges.
- Serve with Chutney or Sambar