This is popular sweet in bengaluru and mysore, my native place in India. Everybody must be wondering when you saw the header l "7 Cup Sweet" as to why it is called so ?
Ans : In this sweet we use different ingredients on each cups and each ingredient is of 1 cup measurement or more. So it is called 7 cup. This is similar in taste like mysore pak. Most of the people make this instead of mysore pak becoz mysore pak is difficult to make compare to this. Some people make both. This one I tried came out very nicely..see the below pictures. Lovely taste too “Yum” .
- Kadale hittu / Besan / Gram flour - 1 cup
- Hallu / Milk - 1 cup
- Thengina thuri / Grated Coconut - 1 cup
- Sakare / Sugar - 3 cup
- Thupa / Pure Ghee - 1 cup
- Take a big plate grease a teaspoon of ghee and keep aside
- Then Take a huge wok / kadai / pan
- Add all the ingredients one by one mix well properly
- Heat the pan on medium flame
- Keep on stirring constantly, Do not leave otherwise bottom get burn , untill it becomes together
- Pour into the greased plate & spread evenly
- When it is cool a bit cut into any shapes
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2010 | | All rights reserved