Since long time i havent posted breakfast in malas-kitchen. This is one of the most popular breakfast but also can be had during lunch or dinner. Ragi is known to everyone as the healthiest grain. Ragi is Finger Millet in English. Ragi is the kannada word for this. In karnataka, Ragi flour is used for making flat bread and it is called Ragi rotti. But there is also a common man’s dish which is made using Ragi Powder. This dish is called Ragi Mudde and it is eaten with sambar (will post ragi mudde soon).
- Finger Millet / Ragi Hittu - 2 cups
- Onion - 2, finely chopped
- Green chillies - 1, chopped
- Coconut, grated - 1/2 cup
- Coriander leaves or curry leaves, chopped - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take a large bowl & mix above all the ingredients in a water. ( should be thick dough ).
- Put some oil on tawa (cooled tawa)
- Take a small portion of the mixture and spread it on tawa in a circular motion with the help of water
- Make a holes in between the rotti and put oil around the rotti
- Close the lid and allow to cook on both the sides
- Serve hot with butter/benne along with coconut chutney