>> October 01, 2008
Happy Dussehra to all my NALAPAKA Viewers.
Dussehra or Navarathri started yesterday. I had made this sweet for the festival. This is a well known sweet in South India. There are various kind of dussehra prepartions in india.Well in karnataka called it has Bombe (Dolls) Habba or Navarathri. My grandparents at their house used to decorate a step by step shelf with varieties of dolls. Now we miss all those precious moments.In my house I have kep only 2 dolls i.e. raja & rani. These 2 dolls were given to me on my marriage day. These 2 dolls are thought of as Goddess Laksmi and God Narayana. The the story of navaratri is knows in every part of india.This is my mother's recipe.
- 2 Cups grated Coconut
- 1 & 1/2 Cup Sugar (acc to taste)
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 2 tbsn Cashews small pieces
- Pure Ghee - 4 tsp
- Mix well coconut and sugar in a large wok (kadai) leave for 5 to 8 mins.
- Switch on the stove. Keep stirring constantly on low flame .
- Add cardamom powder & cashwes pieces, stir until the mixture turns into a non-sticky paste.
- Add Ghee stirring constantly then
- Pour into the greased ghee plate allow it to cool and cut into a square or diamond shape
- Store it in airtight boxes.