Made pizza with a twist using paneer and other veggies. Anything with paneer my family likes it. Paneer and veggies marinated with Indian spice. Usually made it using ready made pizza base and sometimes made pizza dough at home. Pizza dough making, i feel, is a very tedious process that too with little kids around and also with other daily chores. Using a ready made Pizza base does not give the satisfaction of making a pizza. This time around i made the pizza base myself and then added panner veggies like onions, capsicum/green peppers, cheese. Toppings can be changed to suit ones likes. It came out very soft and light & also very tasty based on my son's comments :).
Baking Time : 20 Mins
Serves : 2 - 4
- All purpose flour / Maida ( + extra for dusting) - 1 & 1/2 Cup
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Active dry yeast - 1 tsp
- Olive oil - 1tbsp
- Lukewarm water - 6 tbsp
- 3/4 Cup Prepared pizza tomato sauce
- 1/2 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 Cup Paneer small cubes
- 1/4 Cup Capsicum (green or any color) cubes
- 1/4 Cup Tomato cubes
- 1/4 Cup Onions cubes
- 1/4 tsp Garlic paste
- 1/4 Cup Plain yogurt / Desi curds
- 1/4 tsp Salt / to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cumin powder / Jeera powder
- 1/4 tsp Red chilli poweder
- A pinch turmeric
- 1/4 tsp Kitchenking Masala powder
- Sift the flour and salt together into a bowl and stir in the yeast.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the oil and water.
- Stir well with a wooden spoon until the dough begins to come together, then knead with your hands until it leaves the side of the bowl. Knead 5-10 mins knead by hand (i used food processor to knead)
- Cover with a damp dish towel. Let rise in a warm place for 1 hr. until the dough has doubled in volume.
- In a bowl mix yogurt/curds, salt, turmeric, jeera powder, chilli powder, kitchenking masala powder beat the curds well and add onions, paneer, tomatoes, capsicum(peppers) mix well and keep aside for 5-8 mins
- Heat the grill or tawa sprinkle olive oil grill the marinated paneer and veggies drain the remaining marinated curds. Roast lightly after done keep aside
- Brush a pizza tray with oil. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured counter, punch down with your fist, and knead for 1 min. Roll or press out the dough to round shape. Place on the prepared pizza tray push up the edge slightly all around.
- Preheat the oven 450F / 200 C. Spread the tomato sauce, add marinated grilled paneer and veggies ,Sprinkle cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20-30mins, until the crust is golden brown and crisp
- Serve immediately
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2015 | | All rights reserved