Mothichur laddo is very different than the regular boondi ladoo. There is also a difference in color and texture. Mothichur ladoo is orange in color and made out of little pearl boondi's. This is made on joyous occassions and festivals. I had tried the regular boondi ladoo many times. But this is the first time I tried this and suprisingly my first attempt was a success. Came out very delicious.
Prep Time : 20 Mins
Cook Time : 30 Mins
Makes : 20 Ladoos
- Besan / Gram flour - 2 cups
- Chiroti rave - 2 tsp ( fine rava )
- Baking Soda - 2 pinch
- Ghee ( clarified butter) - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 2 cups
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Kesar / Saffron - few strands
- Orange food color - few drops
- Pisachios and Almonds - chopped 2 tbsp
- Oil - 400ml ( to deep fry)
- In a bowl add besan ,baking soda and rava mix with water and make a smooth batter not too thick and too thin. Add orange food color 2drops.
- Next step take a pan add sugar and water and bring boil on medium flame stir then boil till 1 sting consistency. Add 2 drops of orange food color, kesar and cardamom powder keep it aside
- Add chopped almonds and pista to sugar syrup
- Heat oil. Take a small holes perforated ladle. Pour a ladle full of batter and slowly rub the batter and fry till crispy. Remove and drained into paper towel.
- Repeat this for the rest of the batter.
- Mix all the boondis into sugar syrup and switch on the gas slightly mix and pour the ghee. Remove from the gas stove.
- In a food processor add boondi mixture and sprinkle hot water and turn on pulse for few seconds. So that boondis crushed finely
- Transfer into sugar pan and start making ladoos. (If it is dry heat it up just few seconds )
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2014 | | All rights reserved