This we used to have it everytime when myself and my husband used to go to Italian restaurants. We loved it as an appetiser and I thought to try it at home. It came out very nice & tasty. It is actually a Starter / Appetizer but i made this for evening snacks for my kids and husband.
Prep Time : 10 Mins
Baking Time : 10 Mins
Serve : 4
- French Baguette or Bread slices
- Organic small cherry tomatoes - 1 cup, cut into half
- Olive oil - 4 tbsp + extra 2 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper powder - 1/2 tsp
- Basil leaves - 2 tbsp , chopped
- Garlic - 1 crushed
- Jalapeno peppers or green chillies - very few , chopped
- Mozzarella cheese - 2 tsp (optional)
- Preheat the oven 400F
- Take a pan add olive oil 4tbsp then add jalapeno, tomatoes stir then add garlic, sprinkle salt , sprinkle black pepper & basil leaves stir well until tomatoes cooked slightly
- Slice the baguette into diagonally into thick slices. Arrange the slices in the baking sheet (Parchment sheets)
- Brush one slide of the bread with the olive oil and spread the 2tsp of tomato mixture and sprinkle cheese
- Keep the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 5 - 8 minutes or till the cheese melts
- Serve hot
- Kids Like Cheese. So it is optional
- If it is not there Jalapeno peppers. Don't worry add green chillies finely chopped little
- Black or Green olives are also can be added.
- If it is not available French Baguette. Use bread slices.
Sending this post to following events: