Since longtime i was planning to post all Masala pudi's / Powders. Somehow i couldn't now I will post one by one every month. Malaka pudi is nothing like Rasam Powder. But it has a touch of Iyengar taste. This pudi / powder is very difficult to prepare from scratch. Need to take all the ingredients very propotionatly and fry it. Later grind it hufff... tedious process isin't?? Well, in the good old days my paati / grandma she used to do it with lot of effort and patience she used hand flourgrinder. After that, my mother goes to shops where machine flour mill are installed. But, Today's generation need something more easy and fast to suite the current lifestyle . Of course in the grocery store u will get all the ready made products. Nothing is so difficult as our paati or mom's generations right!!! we are so lucky. Okay let me get into the recipe of this Malka Pudi/ Rasam Powder.My mom taught me to use another method instead of readymade products. I Will be posting both methods now.
Ingredients to Original Rasam Powder
- Byadgi chillies (Red Dry Chillies) - 125 grms
- Guntoor chillies - 125 grms
- Dhaniya - 250 grms
- Fengugreek / Menthya seeds - 125 or 100 grms
- Jeera seeds - 100 grms
- Peppercorns - 100 grms
- Mustard seeds - 100 grms
- Asafoetida / hing - 2 tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 stalk (wWashed, sun dry, dry fry)
- Heat wok/kadai, dry fry on each single ingredients (except chillies) on medium flame
- For chillies add 1 tsp oil and fry it.
- Then blend the all dried ingredients and make a nice powder in the mixer or flourmil.
Ingredients to Instant Malaka Pudi (Rasam Powder)
- Dhaniya Powder - 200 grms
- Red Chillies (dry, I prefer southindian chillies, roast and make a nice powder in a mixer) - 100 grms
- Jeera Powder - 50 grms
- Pepper Powder - 50 grms
- Mustard Powder - 25 grms
- Fengugreek / Menthya seeds - 50 grms( roast the seeds on low flame and make a nice powder in the mixer)
- Asafoetida / hing - 5 grms
- Curry leaves 2 stalk (wash and roast it in a low flame and make a nice powder)
- Roast these powder little bit: dhaniya powder, jeera powder, mustard powder, pepper powder.
- Mix all the powders.
- Blend in a mixer everything so that it will mix properly.
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved |