Cashew Burfi / Kaju burfi is rich in flavour and a very smooth burfi. This is the traditional Indian sweet and there are lots of methods used to make do this sweet. Mostly made or bought in sweet shops during festivities or joyous celebrations. This is not made at home as regularly / widely as other sweets. Also because i think cashew is expensive to an average Indian Family.
- Cashew / Kaju / Godambi Powder - 1 cup (unsalted)
- Sugar - 1/2 cup
- Puree ghee - 2 tbspn (Indian clarified butter)
- Water - 1/4 cup
- Vark / Silver foil (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vark) (optional)
- Grind the cashews to a nice powder and keep aside. Take a large plate and greased a little bit ghee and keep aside
- Take a wok add water and sugar
- Bring to boil and prepare a syrup to one stiring consistency
- Then add cashew / kaju powder slowly and mix well on low flame
- Stirring continuously till mixtures leaves side of the pan then add ghee and stir well
- Remove and transfer to the greased plate and spread the vark / silver foil and cool little bit
- Cut into diamond shape and serve with garnished crushed pista if required.
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2009 | | All rights reserved