There are various kinds gobi paratha. Parathas are stuffed breads… I think there is no need to describe much. Very popular in north india. Healty vegetable stuffings rolled on a wheat flour. I just have with any gravy and a cup of yogurt. This is adapted / inspired by a Tarla Dalal recipe to which i have added a few other ingredients. I tried the same one of her's but somehow myself and my husband we both wanted it to be more spicy.
So for this one i have made it a bit spicy. It is very healthy meal though. Moreover my little one likes it very much.
- 2 cups grated cauliflower
- 1/2 tspn cumin seeds
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 1 tsp Kitchen King Masala
- 2 tbspn chopped methi (fenugreek) leaves
- 1/2 tspn chopped ginger
- 2 tspn oil
- Salt to taste
Method for Stuffing
- Heat the oil and fry the cumin seeds until they crackle
- Add the onions, green chillies and ginger and fry again
- Add the cauliflower and salt , sprinkle a little water and cook
- Add the kitchen king masala powder stir fry a minute
- Add the coriander and mix well
Ingridents for dough
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- 1 tspn oil
- Salt to taste
Method for dough
- Mix all the ingredients and all enough water to make a dough
- Knead well and keep aside for 15 minutes. Knead well again and divide into 8 equal portions.
How to Proceed
- Roll out each portion into a thick round with the help of a flour
- Put 2 tbspn of the stuffing in the centre of each dough round and fold all the edges
- Roll out again with the help of a flour
- Put the paratha on a tava ( griddle) and cook for a few minutes, turnover on the other side and cook again. On both sides put oil or ghee
- Repeat for the remaining parathas and stuffing.
Serve hot with Curry/ Yogurt / Pickle
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2009 | | All rights reserved