This is the most popular treat / candy in India. especially children loved it. Easy to prepare and healthy too. Navaratri / Dasara is around the corner so i made this sweet bite.
Prep Time : 15 Mins
Cook Time : 10 Mins
- Cashews - 1 cup
- Almond - 1 cup
- Pistachios - 1 cup
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Ghee (clarified butter) - 1 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - a pinch
- Jaggery - 1-1/2 cups (adjust to the taste)
- Chop the nuts using nut cutter. Chop them small pieces
- Grease the flat tray or plate or parchment paper sheet with the ghee.
- Take a large non stick pan add ghee then add all nuts and roast the nuts until little golden color in a low flame. Remove from the stove and tranfer into bowl
- In the same pan roast sesame seeds lightly tranfer into nuts bowl
- In the same pan add the jaggery in a medium flame. Bring to boil until becomes froth (like bubbles) boil till becomes sticky(to test the jaggery put a drop of water and roll if comes out nicely then jaggery is becomes sticky )
- Add roasted nuts and cardamom powder mix well until becomes thick
- Transfer into greased sheet paper leave for few seconds to cool down and close other sides of the paper and roll them flat slowly.
- Cut into desired shapes. (I used pizza cutter)