I thought of posting this recipe last month. Ohh ya!! but somehow i missed it..when i was searching for something in my system, i found this recipe and then remembered that i had to post this last month. So thought better late than never here it is for you.
Sabudana is known as Tapioca. Very popular snack in maharastra. This is the best for people who are doing fasting. It is same ingredients as sabudana khichdi. Just to deep fry it in the oil. The taste is so good along with chutney. This is wonderful and easiest snack.
In Mysore / Banglore most of the people do not use this for many dishes. They used for "Papad" (happla, sandige). No one in my family at Mysore likes this. But myself and my husband both love this khichdi as well as vada becoz we used to have it in bombay for so long. Before marriage I was not a huge fan of tapioca. Actually it is good for health and it will avoid heat boils in the mouth. I remember my mother making Kheer with this just bcos of that. Every month i make this (Khichdi or Vada) on the day we are fasting.
- Sabudana / Tapioca - 1 cup
- Crushed roasted peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Potato - 1/4 cup (boiled & mashed)
- Green chillies - 1 or 2, chopped
- Curry leaves
- Cumin / Jeera seeds - 1tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- Soak the sabudana / tapioca for about 2 to 3 hrs. Later drain all the water
- Boiled the potatoes and mash them
- Take a large bowl mix sabudana and mashed potato
- Add into bowl chillies, curry leaves, peanuts, jeera seeds, salt to taste mix well
- Make a medium size ball and flatten them in the palm
- Deep fry vadas till crispy golden brown
- Serve with coconut chutney or hot sauce