This is the one most delicious peda and also one of my favorite sweets. This is North karnataka special sweet and has been named after one of the cities in North Karnataka - Dharwad. This is very rarely prepared at home but available in all sweet shops in Karnataka.
Prep Time : 10 Mins
Cook Time : 20 Mins
- Mawa / Kova / Khoya - 2 cups , crumbled
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Milk - 1/2 cup
- Ghee - 2 tbsp
- Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Clove / Lavanga / Lavang powder - 1/4 tsp
- In a heavy bottom non stick pan. Add mawa in it
- In a medium flame stir mawa once it is slightly melt add milk. Stir it continuously.
- Then it become thick add sugar again stir the peda mixture. Add cardamom powder and Lavang powder mix thoroughly. Stir till peda mixture color turns brown completely.
- Add ghee mix well and stir until leaves the bottom and sides of pan. Remove from the flame/stove. Let it cool. Make a desired shape (usually round) and roll the pedas into caster sugar.
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2014 | | All rights reserved