Gulab Jamun made at home without store bought mix. Made it just like that, not for any special occasion, came out very tasty.
Makes : 20 Jamun
Prep Time : 10 - 15 Mins
Ingredients for sugar syrup
- Regular white sugar - 2 &1/2 cups
- Water - 1 cup
- Milk powder / Mawa powder - 1 Cup
- All purpose flour - 1/4 cup
- Baking soda - 2 pinch
- Almond / Badam powder - 1 tsp (Optional) (i added badam powder)
- Milk or water - Just enough to make the dough( i used milk 2%)
- Oil for deep fry
- In a large pan, dissolve the sugar and water and bring to a boil.
- Simmer over a slow flame till the syrup is of 1 string consistency
- Switch off the flame
- Mix the milk powder, all purpose flour, baking soda, badam / almond powder in a bowl add enough milk to make a firm dough.
- Make balls by gently rolling each portion between your palms into a smooth ball. Place the balls on a plate.
- Heat the oil on medium flame. Test the temperature of the oil to put small portion of the ball .
- The balls must be fried very slowly under medium flame.
- This will ensure complete cooking from inside. Put 4 dumplings at a time. deep fry till golden brown color. Drain it.
- Remove and slowly put it into hot sugar syrup
- Serve warm or cold
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2012 | | All rights reserved