Powered by Blogger.

Methi Aloo Paneer Paratha

>> January 05, 2009

Hope you had a great start to the new year. Today I am posting this Methi Paneer Aloo paratha (bread) recipe which is very common in North India. I have added my own ingredients to this recipe. I would say this is very healthy paratha mixed with Aloo(Potato) and Methi (fenugreek leaves)

Ingredients for Filling
Ingredients for dough
  • Wheat flour - 4 cups
  • Warm water
  • Salt to taste
  • Oil - 1tsp
Method
  • Combine the flour ingredients and knead the dough and make a medium size balls, keep aside
  • Mix all the filling ingredients and make a small size balls
  • Roll out the dough balls and stuffing in the centre of the circle
  • Bring together all the sides in the centre and roll out again into circle with the help of wheat flour
  • Heat tava / griddle cook the paratha on both the sides using a little oil
  • Repeat with the remaing dough and stuffling
Ready to serve with any curry

| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2009 | | All rights reserved

15 comments:

Cham January 5, 2009 at 9:48 PM

Definetly a Healthy paratha another way to sneak the veggie...Looks great

Anonymous,  January 6, 2009 at 12:50 AM

Yummy!!!!!!!!!! Vanamala! :)
Mangala

aparna January 6, 2009 at 3:10 PM

Looks so mouthwatering. YUM...

Ramya's Mane Adige January 6, 2009 at 10:48 PM

Filling with 3 ingredients?!?!? that sounds coool!!!! Hope you had a wonderful new years eve as well!!

veggie belly January 6, 2009 at 11:02 PM

Paneer and methi are made for each other! I love stuffed parathas but can never get the dough and stuffing part right. I'll try your recipe and report back :)

Asha January 9, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Hello vanamala, how have you been? I am back atlast and enjoying it too!:))

Great paratha, chockful of nutrients.

Happy new year and have a fun weekend too.

Sharmi January 9, 2009 at 2:21 PM

Morning I was not able to get into your blog. nice paneer paratha. You can send this for my event-cookingforkids-milk

Maya January 9, 2009 at 2:32 PM

Wow, yummy looking paratha..Some pickle and yogurt by the side and I'm good :)..

Asha January 9, 2009 at 2:33 PM

Mala, I usually get roots and plants at Lowe's garden center, seeds where I linked. Most Herbs, once you planted, they keep coming back every summer themselves and sometimes die in the Winter. Red chards I planted last year were already coming out again since it's a bit warmer now than last month! :)

rekhas kitchen January 9, 2009 at 11:47 PM

wow methi aloo and paneer humm intresting realy very helthy and and Idont want any subji like this paratha s nice one

Mahimaa's kitchen January 10, 2009 at 8:20 PM

thanks for visiting my blog and leaving comments!

awesome pic of paneer paratha. looks terrific.

Sharmila January 12, 2009 at 2:23 AM

That is a great combi ... methi,paneer and aloo. Great one Vanamala! :-)

Uj January 13, 2009 at 5:08 AM

Paratha looks yummy.. I have never combined 3 ingredients into one for filling. Bookmarked to try next time

Welcome to Malas - Kitchen Foodie Blog

I thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments which motivates me and also helps me improve the contents on my Blog. Your comments also make these posts much more interesting to read. Please do continue to leave your views and if you have any queries regarding my recipes please email me at vanamala.hebbar@gmail.com. I would do my best to reply to them ASAP.

Cheers