Thuni Thenkol is a typical iyengar sweet. This is very very rarely made in the special occasions. Also this dish is not prepared on normal days in the house. This is typical thirvidhyanam (death anniversary) and other occasions. This is a request recipe of my viewers. Apologize for delay in posting.
Recipe is given below
Prep Time : 10 Mins + 4 hrs (lentil soaking time)
Cook Time : 20 Mins
- Ulthuparppu / Udhina bele / Black Gram - 1 cup
- Water - 1/4 cup or Less
- Sugar powder / Bura Sakare -1 cup
- Muslin cloth or Icing bottle or zip lock cover
- Oil - 400ml (to deep fry)
- Wash and soak the black gram / ulthuparppu for 4 hrs
- Drain out all the water and grind into a thick batter using 1/4 cup of water ( do not need to ferment the batter). The batter consistency should be thick like vada batter.
- In the mean while blend a sugar and make a fine powder and spread it in the large plate or news paper
- Heat oil in a pan
- Take a muslin cloth and make a smallest hole in the middle and fill the batter close all the side and hold it tightly and make a inner circle (just like jalebi) ( I used icing bottle) and deep fry in the medium heat oil. Remove and drained in the paper towel then apply sugar powder thoroughly.
- Do it for batches
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2014 | | All rights reserved