This is a dessert made out of Moong lentils / dal prepares for all occasions and festivals. Payasam is nothing but pudding.
Cook Time : 5-8
Mins Serve - 4
- Pairthuparppu / Hesarubele / Split Yellow Moong Dal - 1 cup
- Water - 3/4 cup
- Vellu / Jaggery - 1 & 1/2 cup (depends on the jaggery sweetness)
- Fresh Coconut, grated - 1/2 cup
- Elarshi pudi / Cardamom powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cashews & Raisins - 1 tbsp
- Heat pan add pairthuparppu / lentil. Roast the lentils lightly.
- Transfer into bowl add water and place it in the pressure cooker. Wait until 2 whistle switch off the stove. Wait for cool down
- Take a small pan add 1 tsp of ghee and roast the cashew pieces and raisins and keep aside
- In a pan add jaggery / vellu bring to boil it becomes froth then add fresh coconut stirring constantly on low flame. Add cooked pairthuparppu/lentil. If it is too thick add little water(1/4 cup) bring to boil & stir.
- Add the cardamom powder and roasted cashews and raisins mix and stir