Butter naan is my first tried recipe in my college days. Now a days i am more addicted to my blog. I am always thinking about what new to put in it. Sometimes i feel guilty becoz of my addiction to blogging. I feel why am I so much involved in this, but the next moment I think about which all recipes i have not added :). Thanks to my husband and my little son's support in whatever I do.
Naan is like chapati, here it is called indian bread. It is made of maida.(plain flour)In indian restaurants they are cooked in a tandoor ( oven ) . You will get more info about naan in Wiki. I make it in a wok (Kadai). It comes out like naan. Then i thought as to what to make for the gravy as a curry dish. I like Paneer very much and so does my sister !!! So checked out in Tarla dalal's recipe book and found Paneer Kofta Curry. I felt this was a suitable combination...I added a few extra ingredients (my own additions) .
- Butter Naan
- Maida / Plain Flour - 6 cups
- Milk - 1 cup
- Curds / Yogurt - 1 cup
- Baking Powder a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Sugar a pinch
- Mix all the above ingredients. Knead the dough for atleast 5 minutes, close & keep it for 5 to 6 hrs
- Knead again & divide the dough into 10 medium size balls.
- Roll out into dough & make a ovel or round shape with the help of flour.
- Cook them on a kadai / wok. Fry on both the sides.
- Remove naan from the kadai & brush with the butter and serve.
- Repeat for the remaining dough balls.
- For the koftas
- 1 cup Panner (Cottage Cheese) grated
- 1 tbsp Maida / plain flour
- A pinch baking powder
- 2 green chillies, chopped
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- Salt to taste
- 4 tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1/4 cup cream
- 1 tbsn kasuri methi
- 1 tbsn oil
- 2 tsp Kitchen King Masala
To be ground into a paste
- 1/4 onions
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsn cashews, soaked
- 2 green chillies
- 2 dry red chillies
- 2 tsp coriander seeds / dhania
- 1 tsp cumin seeds / jeera
- A small piece ginger
- 2 cloves / laung
- 1" cinnamon stick / dalchini
- 2 tbspn chopped coriander leaves
For the koftas
- Mix panner, maida, baking powder, chillies, coriander & salt. Make a doughShape into small rounds and place them on a greased microwave safe plate. HIGH for 45 seconds and keep aside or deep oil fry.
- Pierce the tomatoes. Place in a microwave safe dish bowl. Cook for 4 to 5 minutes
- Blend the tomatoes to a smooth Puree. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a wok / pan. Add ground paste stir for few minutes. Add tomato puree stirring for 5 minutes. Add kitchen king masala powder, milk, cream, kasuri methi & Salt Stir. Boil for few minutes. Remove from the flame.
How to proceed
- Just before serving add the koftas to the gravy.
- Serve hot garnished with the coriander
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved |