Some of my blog viewers and friends have suggested that i haven't posted Gojju in my kitchen world. So I have made simple gojju..anybody can easily prepare this...more useful for cooking learners/bachelors etc., this will match with hot plain rice Or chapati Or roti. And also it will be more useful for lunch boxes.
This gojju can be done with onion-tomato-capsicum combination, or can do with spring onions / eggplant (brinjal)/ okra (ladies finger) / plain tomato / plain onion gives a very good taste.
- Onion - 1 cup, chopped
- Green Capsicum / Bell Pepper - 1/2 cup, chopped
- Tomato - 1 cup, chopped
- Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 2 to 3 tbsp (add jaggery to sweeten the taste accordingly)
- Rasam powder - 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Water - 1 & 1/2 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tso
- Asafoetida / Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Chana dal - 1 tsp (optional)
- Curry Leaves - 1 stalk
- Rice flour paste - 2 tsp (Water + Rice flour)
- Heat oil in a pan, Add mustard seeds, allow to splutter. Add hing, curry leaves
- Add chopped onion, capsicum stir fry, till they are well cooked.
- Add tomato stirfry.
- Add water boil for few minutes
- Add rasam powder, tamarind, salt & Jaggery. Bring to boil.
- Add rice flour paste(for thickness) stir well, till it becomes a semi thick.
- Serve hot
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved |