Cookies / Biscuits/ Breads / Cakes
Benne Biscuit / Nankatai / Butter Cookies10:55 AM
This biscuit is very common in india. Most People know the recipe of this biscuits. Some people know this as Nankatai and we used call at home in Benne Biscuit (Butter Cookies).
I want to share this and also a small story related to this..Actually this is my Aunt's recipe, she lives in Raichur, India. Whenever we(all my cousins) used to go to her place she used to make biscuits/cakes/icecreams or whenever she came to visit us in Bangalore/Mysore she used to bring these biscuits. When my parents saw my interest in baking they bought me an Oven. I took this recipe from her started making this for my cousins and my friends. Lets say this became one of my patent recipes in those days. Then after i got married and used to make this too in mumbai, for my in-laws. Once we moved to US, almost after 3 years I made these yummy biscuits again.. So thanks to my aunt for this tasty recipe.
Check out the ingredients of this biscuits
- Maida / Plain flour - 2 cups
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Bengal gram flour / Besan - 2 cups
- Sugar Powder - 2 cups
- Dalda / Vanaspathi Ghee OR Butter (unsalted) - 2 cups (melted)
- Baking Powder - 1 tsp
- Sieve maida, rice flour, besan & baking powder in a mixing bowl
- Now keep adding the dalda ghee or butter little by little to the bowl sieve then add sugar powdered in that and again sieve well and make a soft dough
- Divide the dough into small balls about 1 inch
- Place the nankhatai balls on greased tray
- Bake at 400 F (200 degree Centigrade) for about 20 minutes.
PS : Depends upon the Oven. Please be sure the temparatures of the oven may vary for different ovens. It may over heat or some may have less heat. I normally do @ 400 F (200 C). The best way is to start on low heat then you can make it high later.
|| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2008 | | All rights reserved|