I have already mentioned this dish in my earlier recipe narthanga ogare ( rice dish ). The rind and juice of the citron is used for pickles just like lemon pickles. But the pickle ingredients and method is slightly different. This pickle is sort of good for health and it is recommended for diabetics patients and also to the ladies after child birth .
- Byadagi Malaka / Mensinakai / Red Chillies - 50 grms
- Menthyum / Menthya / Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste (rock salt) (aprox - 3 tsp)
- Perangyum /Hing /Asafoetida - 1 tsp
- Narthanga / Hiralehannu / Citron - 4
- Chop the citron / narthanga into small pieces
- Take a pan add salt add chopped narthanga / citron pieces mix well close it and keep it for 2 days. Stir well every twice a day.
- Dry roast menthyum / fenugreek seeds and chillies and hing
- Make a fine powder and mix it into salted narthanga.
- For tempering add oil and mustard seeds into pan add hing too. Till done pour itinto pickle
- Keep Pickle outside (normal temp)
- After few days saute well and then transfer into the pickle jar, keep regrigerate
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2010 | | All rights reserved