Chith Unde10:35 AM
This is a request recipe of my viewers. Apologize for delay in posting this becoz few months back i got this recipe when i was went to india . Also this dish is not prepared on normal days. This is typical thirvidhyanam (death anniversary) dish. Recipe is given below.
- Jaggery / Bella / Vellu - 1 cup (grated)
- Coconut / Thenginakai / Thenga - 1/2 cup (grated)
- Cardamom powder / Ellarshi pudi / Elaki pudi - 1/2 tsp
- Rice flour / Akki hittu / Arshi maav - 1 cup
- Pure Ghee / Thupa / Nayi - 2 tsp
- Black Sesame Seeds / kappu ellu / karappu ell - 2 tsp
- Thenkol maav Or Uluthuparappu maav / Uddina bele hittu / Batter - 1 cup
- Oil to deep fry
- Take a kadai / small wok add ghee and rice flour fry on low flame till raw smell goes and keep aside
- Heat another pan fry sesame seeds keep aside
- Take a pan add jaggery bring to boil it becomes froth , on low flame.
- Add coconut stir well for few minutes and add sesame seeds and flour stir it becomes thick and cool it and make a small size balls / unde keep aside
- Make a Thenkol maav batter or soak it blackgram / uluthupappu for few hrs and make a thick batter
- Dip each jaggery balls / unde into batter and deep fry it in the oil. Fry till it becomes golden color.
|| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2009 | | All rights reserved ||