Puri is a type of kadale puri / puffed rice. This Sweet dish also has jaggery , coconut pieces and peanuts . This is made during special occassions like (Baby shower) and festivals.
- Puri / Puffed Rice (not kadle puri) - 1 kg
- Bella / Vellu / Jaggery - 3 blocks
- Kadlekai / Peanuts - 2 cups
- Kobri churu / Dry coconut small pieces - 1 cup
- Yellu / White Sesame seeds - 2 tsp
- Take a large wok roast the peanuts and cool and take out the skin by pressing the plate or cup and keep aside
- Make a small kobri / coconut pieces and keep aside
- Prepare a large bowl add peanuts and kobri / coconut pieces and yellu keep aside
- Take a small pan add 1/3rd of water add jaggery pieces and bring boil well it should be medium thick consistency on low flame stirring continuously(to test the syrup is done or not : take a cup of water drop jaggery syrup and syrup should be clean come out of your hand)
- Pour the jaggery syrup to the mixture bowl and make a medium size balls quickly using riceflour (apply rice flour to your palm)
- Cool and store it in the box.
|| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2009 | | All rights reserved|