I made this kosabmbri for Ugadi. Links are below for other Ugadi festival recipes ... Kosambri is specially made on Rama Navami (which is next week) Festival. . I have also posted other kosambri recipes.
Ugadi Habbada shubashyagalu !! Happy Ugadi !! to everyone.
Prep Time : 4hrs + 10 Mins
Serve - 2
- Kadalebele / Kadalupappu / Chana dal - 1 cup
- Mavinakai / Raw mango grated / Manga thuruvul - 4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon juice - 1 tsp
- Coconut grated / Thenga / Thenginakai - 2 tbsp
- Coriander leaves / Kothambri soppu - few, chopped
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida - a pinch
- Green chillies - few
- Curry leaves - few
- Soak the kadlupappu / chana dal - 4 hrs. Later drained the water
- In the bowl add mango grated, coconut, lemon juice, coriander, salt mix well
- Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds allow to splutter
- Then add asafoetida, chillies, curry leaves pour into bowl
- Mix well and serve
Note : If the Mango season are not there Cucumber can be added to the kosambri.
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2013 | | All rights reserved