>> July 18, 2013
Karvappale Pudi (Curry Leaves Powder) is good for health and also used in Ayurvedic medicines. Many people says this is good for hair too. This Powder is very digestive. Fresh leaves picked from my mother's garden and helped my mom in making the powder in her kitchen .
Prep Time : 2 days + 10 Mins
- Karvappale (curry Leaves) - 6 cups
- Jeera / Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Dhaniya / Coriander Seeds - 1 tsp
- Menasu / Molag / Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Udhina bele / Ulthuparappu - 1 tsp
- Rock Salt / Kal Upp / Kal Uppu - To taste
- Wash the curry leaves and pat dry. Spread them on a plate then keep it to dry in the sun for about 2 days.Once they are completely dried
- Take a pan & Fry for about 5 min in low flame
- Fry all the ingredients except karvappale / Curry leaves. Transfer into bowl
- Blend the leaves and all the other fried ingredients into a fine powder
- Serve with hot plain rice with little ghee.
Dried Curry Leaves
|| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2013 | | All rights reserved|