>> August 27, 2013
Manvarth Unde is also typical iyengar sweet dish. Very rarely made sweet dish and mostly not made @ home. But I made it using my mothers help at home. This has to made using special perforated spatula / spoon. This sweet dish was also requested by many of my blog viewers.
HAPPY GOKULASHTAMI TO ALL!!
Prep Time : 1 + hrs
- Black gram / Urad dal / Ulthuparappu / Udhina bele - 1/2 kg
- Godambi / Cashew pieces - 4 tbsp
- Kobri / Dry coconut small pieces - 4 tbsp
- Jaggery - 1 kg
- Cardamom powder / Elashi powder - 1 tsp
- Water little
- Oil - 500ml (to deep fry)
- Wash and soak the ulthuparappu / Black gram for 4 hrs
- Grind urad dal with little water. Prepare the thick batter. Should be dripping consistency(Just like udhin vada)
- Heat oil , pour a batter in a sieve (laddle with big holes) in a hot oil and deep fry and remove drained in the paper towel.
- Do it for batches and keep aside
- Take a small pan add 1/3rd of water add jaggery pieces and bring boil well it should be medium thick consistency on low flame stirring continuously(to test the syrup is done or not : take a cup of water drop jaggery syrup and syrup should be clean come out of your hand)
- Take a large bowl add fried black gram / ulthuparppu kal , Pour the jaggery syrup , cashew pieces & kobri pieces to the mixture bowl and make a medium size balls quickly using riceflour (apply rice flour to your palm)
- Shape the mixture like ladoo's
- Do it for batches
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2013 | | All rights reserved