BRINJAL SAMBAR12:27 PM
This Sambar recipe is one of the most loved dish in South Indian cuisine.
- Brinjal / Baingan / Aubergine - 1/2 kg
- Chana - 5 tsp
- Potato - 1 (finely chopped)
- Toor dal - 1 cup
- Sambar powder - 2 tsp
- Rasam powder - 1 tsp
- Tamarind Paste - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 1/2 tsp
- Coconut - 1/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil for seasoning - 2 tsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (hing) - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves
- Wash the dal and place it in the pressure cooker using 2 cups water along with potato, chana. Add turmeric powder a pinch into the dal.
- Chop lenthwise brinjal. Cook seperately into the pan using 1/4 cup water and a pinch of salt.
- Next add the boiled dal, chana, potato into the cooked brinjal.
- Grind sambar powder and coconut using a litter water (should be thick paste).
- Add tamarind, salt, jaggery, sambar masala, rasam powder bring to boil for 5 minutes
- Heat oil in a pan add mustard allow to splutter, add hing and curry leaves finely pour into the sambar.
- Ready to serve with rice