Ulund-Ogare is a mixture of Urad dal and black pepper. This dish has a different type of taste. It is also very quick to make and very tasty too.
Sharmi you did a good job choosing rice for this month. There are so many varieties of rice recipes that I feel there is no end to them.
This is my last and final entry to JFI -Rice hosted by sharmi from Neivedyam.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Urad dal - 10 tsp
- Black pepper - 3 to 4 tsp
- Red chillies - 2 to 3
- Desiccated coconut - 1/4 cup
- Puree Ghee - 1/2 cup
- Salt to taste
- Cashews - 10 tsp
- Cook the rice in the cooker
- Fry urad dal, pepper and chillies and make it into a fine powder
- Heat ghee in a wok
- Add mustard seeds and allow to splutter
- Add 1/2 tsp urad dal and cashews fry them till golden color, switch off the flame
- Add rice, powder, salt and coconut. Mix well
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2007 | | All rights reserved