Powered by Blogger.

• Hing (Asafoetida) a pinch
  • Peanuts - 2 tsp
Method
  1. Cook the rice in cooker. Cool it by spreading it in a large bowl
  2. Finely chopp the leaves. Cook it in the seperate pan using a bit of water
  3. Heat oil in a wok
  4. Add mustard allow to splutter then add chana dal, curry leaves, hing, red chillis, peanuts stirfry
  5. Add leaves in to the wok mix well
  6. Add enagai powder / vangibath powder stirfry. Remove from the flame
  7. Add the masala leaves, kobari / desiccated coconut in to the rice
  8. Add salt and lemon juice, mix the rice well
Serve hot
Note : You can add vegetables (Peas, Potatoes, Carrots) Or Avarekalu (boiled) - (in english - field beans,indian beans)
| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2007 | | All rights reserved

16 comments:

vegeyum December 14, 2007 at 7:08 PM

This looks so very good. I keep finding recipes with methi leaves but of course I can't buy them here. Such a pity.

KALVA December 14, 2007 at 9:46 PM

Nice one,, you cleverly used vang baath masala powder. great one

easycrafts December 14, 2007 at 10:54 PM

I made the same too two days back..used peas, forgot to add groundnuts and instead of cutting finely, i grinded the methi leaves. Also i added a bit jaggery to it...Maybe grinding the methi made the rice look green...ur baath colour is super

Red Chillies December 15, 2007 at 9:42 AM

Unique combination of vaangi bhat powder and methi. Good one Vanamala !

srivalli December 15, 2007 at 12:19 PM

Looks great...interesting one

Ramya's Mane Adige December 15, 2007 at 5:47 PM

kalasida anna is my husband's all time fav!!! Your bhaat looks good!!!

Vanamala December 15, 2007 at 5:57 PM

Thank you Ramya ... namma manenalu ellargu ishta rice dishes.

Thank you srivalli.

Thank you redchillis, Yeah its gr8 combo
Easycrafts - Thank you, same here will also add jaggery and tamarind gives more tasty.

Kalva thank you

Kajal December 15, 2007 at 9:44 PM

WOW...this is very nice curry I will surly try out my dear. Thanks for sharing.:))

Sagari December 17, 2007 at 12:45 PM

looks soooo delecious and comforting lovely recipe thanks for sharing

Maya Shanbhag December 17, 2007 at 2:00 PM

Hey,

First time visiting ur blog..Am a new blogger too..Nimma recipes ella chennagide ...

Paru ... December 17, 2007 at 4:40 PM

Hi Vanamala,

This is the first time I am visiting your blog..BTW I am a mysorean too..

Your menthya soppina bath looks very fresh .. I love menthya soppu and always have that in my refriegerator..
Thanks for sharing the recipe..

Paru
www.brindavanrecipes.blogspot.com

Vanamala December 17, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Hi Sagari, Kajal, Paru, Maya

Thanks for leaving the wonderful comments..

RAKS KITCHEN December 18, 2007 at 12:46 AM

Looks lovely! I am also first time to your blog! I was first stunned by your header flowers...looks so beautiful!! You have somany (107) Posts...I will go through soon!
Thanx for dropping by my blog:)

Madhavi January 10, 2008 at 8:17 PM

Hi! first time here.You have a great collection of recipes.lovely blog.I am surprised how I missed this wonderful collection all these days.Now,that I have added your's to my google reader,will not miss any more.
Madhavi

Sam n Siva March 6, 2008 at 1:54 AM

Hi!Am new here..

loved your receipes.i tried the bhaat with sapsigey soppu...

Its "SAKKATHU!!"

Samanvitha

Anagha,  October 20, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Hi Mala,

Was searching for Menthya soppina Bhath.

Looks more like Iyengar Puliyogare... ;-)

Anagha
Amateur cook

Welcome to Malas - Kitchen Foodie Blog

I thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments which motivates me and also helps me improve the contents on my Blog. Your comments also make these posts much more interesting to read. Please do continue to leave your views and if you have any queries regarding my recipes please email me at vanamala.hebbar@gmail.com. I would do my best to reply to them ASAP.

Cheers