Hirekayi Thove

>> December 03, 2007

Toor Dal (yellow lentils)- 1 cup
Hirekayi / Ridge Gourd - 1 (Peel and chop the hirekayi into cubes)
Tamarind paste - 1/2 tsp
Sambar or Yengai Powder (vangibath pd) - 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Jaggery to taste
Grated coconut - 2 tsp
Lemon juice - 1 tsp
Coriander leaves - 1 tsp

Method
  1. Wash the toor dal adding enough water, add a pinch of turmeric and pressure cook about 3 whistles.
  2. Take a pan add 1/2 cup water

Dal Patice ( Parpu onde)

Dal Dosa

Sambar

| Copyright © Malas - Kitchen 2007 | | All rights reserved

8 comments:

Linda December 3, 2007 at 2:09 PM

Hi Vanamala, I love ridge gourd, and your hirekayi thove looks delicious! Thank you for sharing your recipe for JFI Toor Dal :)

Laavanya December 3, 2007 at 2:13 PM

Thanks for this great recipe with ridgegourd and toor dhal. The vangi bhath powder must add a special touch.

Laavanya December 3, 2007 at 2:15 PM

Ooh I forgot.. i also wanted to say thanks for visiting my blog but started commenting about your recipe... :)

Padmaja December 3, 2007 at 2:47 PM

Looks very nice and love your tinge of adding ridgegourd!!yummy!!

KayKat December 3, 2007 at 5:14 PM

Love that ridgegourd - especially with a lot of lemon and ginger :)

Siri December 3, 2007 at 10:01 PM

Adding ridgegourd is such a nice idea! Love the color of the dal!

~ Siri

Ramya's Mane Adige December 4, 2007 at 12:07 AM

My fav!!! Its been a while since I made it. Thanx for reminding me :)

Vani December 4, 2007 at 11:40 AM

I love hirekaayi thovve. Like Ramya, i;ts been quite a while since I've made it too.

Welcome to Malas - Kitchen Foodie Blog

I thank you for taking time to visit my blog. I appreciate your comments which motivates me and also helps me improve the contents on my Blog. Your comments also make these posts much more interesting to read. Please do continue to leave your views and if you have any queries regarding my recipes please email me at vanamala.hebbar@gmail.com. I would do my best to reply to them ASAP.

Cheers