Curry pudi is not a curry or gravy powder. This is completely different this is nothing like chutney powder.. Have it with hot plain rice & salt with 1 tsp oil. along with rasam dal. Amazing taste . If you get bored to make rasam, koottu, sambar etc., OR if you have gone out and come back home hungry but bored to make something this pudi/powder will be ideal. Just have this with plain rice . But unlike chutney powder this curry pudi/powder is not suitable for dosa , idli. I usually prepare this and store it. When i get bored to make do some elaborate cooking :). Just i will have this with some rice. Simple life ... Simple food...
- Chana Dal / Bengal Gram(split) - 1 cup
- Urad Dal / Black Gram (split)- 1 cup
- Moong Dal / Green Gram (split) - 1 cup
- Toor Dal / pigeon peas (split) - 1 cup
- Fenugreek Seeds - 1 tsp
- Black Peppercorn - 1/4 tsp
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tsp
- Jeera - 1 tsp
- Red Chilli - 5 to 6
- Curry leaves - 1 cup
- Salt to taste or (1 tsbn)
- Heat large wok , fry all the above dals / lentils till golden color. Transfer to other plate or bowl
- Then fry all the above spices except curry leaves. Transfer to bowl
- Wash the curry leaves and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Then fry the leaves
- Mix all the fried ingredients and make a nice powder in the mixer and add salt mix well.