Iyengar Masala Powder
Chutney Pudi / Chutney Powder12:30 PM
Chutney pudi all of you know south indian famous powder.. can be had with dosa , idli .. it matches any tiffin... also goes along well with white rice (hot plain rice with 1 tsp oil n chutney powder ) and there are many variations for this powder in differnt houses .... in differnt states.
- 2 cups (100 grms ) Chana dal / Bengal gram / Kadale bele
- 1 Cup (50 grms) Urad dal / Black gram / Uddina bele
- 1 & 1/2 cups - Red chillies (dry) or (Byadagi chillies)
- 1/2 Cup Curry leaves / Kari Baavu soppu
- 1 Cup Dry Grated Coconut / Dessicated / Kobri
- Tamarind Paste(2 tbspn) or soaked chunks / Huli (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 tsp Asafoetida / Hing / Ingu
- Jaggery / Bella to taste
- Oil - 5 tsbn
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Heat wok / pan roast bengal gram & black gram till light golden color. Make a nice powder and keep aside
- In the same wok roast chillies on low flame & keep aside
- Wash the curry leaves and dry fry for few minutes & keep aside
- Fry coconut for few seconds on low flame
- Mix all with salt (to taste) and make a nice powder using mixer / blender and keep aside
- Heat oil in a small pan add mustard seeds allow to splutter then add tamarind Paste OR tamarind chunks soaked and pressure cook and add it into the pan. Mix well in the oil & remove from the flame, cool it and Mix with powder by hand or blend once it will mix properly along with jaggery & hing.
A few of my blogger friends have passed the awards I am very honor to accept the awards : Thank you so much friends.
- Nice matters awards from LG, Taste of mysore
- Rockin' Girl Blogger from Marathi Blog, Chakli
- Friendship & Yum Yum Blog awards from Seema, Everyday cookning recipes
- Yummy Blog Award from Usha, Veg Inspirations