>> August 05, 2008
I was on Long vacation... its been many days since I saw my fellow bloggers posting so many recipes will update mine asap.
Today i am posting this phool gobi aur mutter ki sabzi / Cauliflower And Peas Curry. This is very familiar sabzi best for roti's. This curry with the touch of coconut gives a fabulous taste.
Cooking Time : 20 minutes
Serves - 6
- 2 Cups cauliflower , divided into small florets
- 1 Cup green peas, boiled
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 tsp fresh curds / yogurt
- 2 tbsp chopped cashewnuts
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 3 tbspn ghee or oil
- Salt to taste
To be ground into a paste :
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 2 tbspn grated cocont
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds / dhaniya
- 2 tsp Cumin seeds / Jeera
- 1/2 piece ginger
- 2 tsp poppy seeds / Khus Khus
- 5 Red Chillies
- Boil the tomatoes in the water or microwave. Blend into a puree
- Heat the ghee or oil, add cauliflower florets and gently fry for 5 to 8 min. Remove and keep aside
- In the same ghee, add bay leaves and paste and fry for few minutes
- Add the tomato puree and curds and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower, green peas, cashewnuts, sugar, 1/2 cup of water and salt and cook for 10 minutes until the vegetables are soft.
Recipe Source : Tarla Dalal