In my kitchen pantry..there is a box full of plain corn flakes. Bored to have the plain ones..Then i got an idea why dont i try making chivda using these instead of rice flakes(poha).
I made it and within 2 days it was finished off...Loved by my family... I made it a wee-bit spicy.. I am sure kids will enjoy it too.
- Corn / Rice Flakes Plain - 1 Packet
- Peanuts - 1/4 cup
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Dalia (Roasted Bengal Gram) - 4 tsbn
- Desiccated Coconut - 2 tsbn
- Salt to taste
- Citric Acid - 1/4 tsp (optional)
- Red chilli powder - 1tsp (acc to taste)
- Turmeric a pinch
- Sugar a pinch
- Asafoetida (hing) a pinch
- Curry leaves - 5 or 6
- Red Chillies - 1 or 2 pieces
- Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Heat a big wok. Fry flakes till crisp on low flame. Keep aside
- Heat oil in a wok. Add mustard seeds allow to splutter, add hing, curry leaves, red chillies, peanuts, dalia, turmeric fry till peanuts are done. switchoff the flame
- Add flakes, redchilli powder, citric, sugar, salt, coconut
- Mix well then cool it so it will become crispy and store it in airtight box.