>> March 25, 2008
- Small Eggplants / Katharikaai - 8 to 10
- Yengai Powder - 10 to 15tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- 1 strand curry leaves
- Asafoetida / Hing - 1/4 tsp
- Tamarind paste - 1 tsp
- Jaggery - 1/2 tsp
- Wash the kathrikaai / baingan and slit the 4 sides
- Take a bowl mix yengai powder and salt. Fill it in the kathrikaai
- Place it in the pressure cooker. Cook for one whistle.
- Heat wok add oil. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, asafoetida
- Add kathrikaai. Cooked in the oil well.
- Add 2 tsp yengai powder, salt to taste, tamarind paste, jaggery & stirfry
- Ready to serve
Update : Based on all the comments i got for this recipe i would like to share that Yengai powder is nothing like Vangibaath powder. I prepared this at home.
I will be adding all masala powders recipes to my blog shortly.